Why wearing motorbike gloves is emphasized for bike riders? Two main reasons are comfort and protection. People often give more weightage to protection but comfort is no least important.
Reasons to wear motorbike gloves
If we consider the importance of wearing motorbike gloves from both perspectives of comfort and protection, we generally see the following reasons.
- A good grip is needed to maintain balance on the handle and the gloves prevent slipping.
- Hands are important to riding and any injury to hand may impede your riding activity.
- Your skin needs protection from environmental elements such as heat, cold, humidity, and UV radiation. Your hands remain totally exposed to UV radiations without gloves that develop a risk of skin cancer.
- Falls are unpredictable and you may not prevent your hand from the weight of the fallen motorcycle. The hand injury or fracture is obvious when such a thing happens.
- Riding for a long time sometimes causes numbness of hands that creates an uncomforting situation and difficulty to ride a motorbike.
A good suggestion for bikers
The suggestion is to always wear motorbike gloves when riding, especially if you ride a motorbike often. You should know the rules about gear. A helmet is not the only gear for protection. You know about it and wear it because the wearing of this gear is mandatory under the law. Think of other gear that can offer comfort and protection to your other body parts. Make it your routine to wear these gears. Gloves are a type of gear you generally skip in your riding routine. Give this gear a special status in the list of body accessories. It may feel odd to some people in the beginning but you would like wearing it when you get used to and start understanding its benefits. This is not a marketing strategy but good advice to all bikers who have a concern about safety and comfort.